Monday, October 11, 2010

Foreign Language.......????

So there has been something that I have been thinking about ALOT. I want you to think about what I'm about to say.
The area we live in has ALOT of Asians (as well as other races). Everywhere I go I see at least a few of them. I work with a AWESOME Christian Korean women at my work and I have a beautiful Korean baby in my class. So when the mom comes to pick up her baby she will sometimes speak Korean to my co-worker about the babies day.
Its quite interesting sitting there not knowing A THING that's being said and trying to come up with my own interpretation... lol
So how many times are we like this to non-Christians around us? We (Christians) sit around and talk to our "brothers and sisters" about what God is doing in our lives, at church etc... BUT are we speaking in our own "christian language"? Do non-Christians know what were talking about? Or do they feel like me at work?

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 says "19Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."




A few years ago when I was a youth pastor we had a Masters Commission group come to our youth group to speak and do dramas. The youth group we had at the time was 95% "non-church" kids. When the speaker got up to speak he started talking about the Holy Ghost and getting saved and all these (yes wonderful things) but I don't think they realized that alot of my kids had NO clue what they were saying! It was like they were speaking some different language.
We need to start thinking about the people around us. How can we reach the people at our work who have NEVER stepped foot into church. Or the cashier at the gas station with purple hair, tattoos and piercings??? 
BE ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN SO THAT ALL POSSIBLE THINGS MIGHT SAVE SOME!









No comments:

Post a Comment